Teri Steinberg has been a consultant for over 25 years, working one-on-one with thousands of clients. She helps people with disabilities live the lives that they love and deserve.
For the past 10 years, Teri has been helping people of all levels of ability, and disability, to plan a better quality of life, through grants from the Department of Human Services, the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities, and the Illinois School Board of Education Family Support Services. Using Person-Centered Planning tools for people usually leads to “Hey, can you do this for me too?” from their families and friends.
“Teri is always insightful, comfortable, and straightforward, giving honest feedback about how those in the disability community might feel about potential legislation.” — Illinois State Representative Karen May
“Throughout the years, Teri has brought the struggles of our disability community home to me, asking how we could work together to change the future.” — Illinois State Senator Susan Garrett
Since there aren’t enough hours in the day to meet with everyone Teri would like to help, she will now be offering cyber-counseling and tele-seminars, allowing people to access guidance and support from their own homes. She brings her many years of experience working with individuals to the realms of personal consulting, teleseminars, and live events offered on this website.
Teri’s credentials include:
- Advisory Council, North/ Northwest Cook County and Lake County
- IL Dept of Human Services, Life Choices Initiative on Person-Centered Planning, Team 4
- Governor Quinn’s Rebalancing Initiative Task Force
- Mayor’s Human Services Task Force
- Aurora University ABA Advisory Council
- Key Communicator, Family Support Network
- Northern Suburban Special Education District Task Force
- Vice President, Chicago Chapter of Cure Autism Now
- Advocate, Parents Educating, Learning, & Supporting Parents
- Parent Liaison, Partnership Advocacy & Support for Kids
- Legislative Task Force, Autism Society of Illinois
- President, Troupin, Katz, & Steinberg Consulting
- Chicago Regional Organizer, Illinois Association
of Microboards & Cooperatives, Inc.
- Regional Manager, Banner Services, Inc.
Join the mailing list to keep updated with Plan A Better Future.